Monday, June 20, 2016

STEP GEEK




A few years ago I was contemplating going up a T Shirt size. Most of my shirts that were XXL fit just a little too tight make me feel like a bulging sausage and not in a good way. The thought that went through my head was "Maybe I should go to a XXXL." I knew this way of thinking was wrong and it was over the next couple of years I would lose 90 pounds. I joined a gym, fell in love with the group fitness classes, and more importantly did not need to go up another T Shirt size. In fact, I actually dropped almost two sizes being able to wear some large size T Shirts. Well, flash forward about three years and after having a bit of bad luck while also losing focus I have put about forty of the ninety pounds back on. The fact that I worked at an amusement part for two of those years probably didn't help my weight any.


I am not complaining even if it seems like I might be. You see when I was at my smallest waistline in my adult life, in my head I was probably the most miserable. I had to focus on something and losing weight was what got all my attention. Now, I don't like working out like I use to which was obsessive. Instead, I choose to be mindful of my food intake and exercise while I can. Right now, my favorite form of exercising is walking and its all because of a birthday present that someone very special got for me.

DRUMROLL PLEASE-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a Fitbit!!



That's right I am now a Fitbit walking fool. I love it. It tracks practically everything I do which sounds a bit like skynet but I have this false sense of security when it comes to technology. Anyway, it's just the coolest thing. The basic premise of this thing is to get the heart association's recommended 10,000 steps per day. This is much harder than it sounds if you don't have a job that has you walking around for eight hours. My job is mainly a desk job with about 3,000 steps sprinkled in here and there. So to get another seven thousand steps I really have to work at it. I don't get it everyday but it motivates me to at least try if I don't have anything else I need to do.

I got the Fitbit Charge HR which is very cool because it digitally tells me the amount of steps I have taken with the push of a button. If you would like to be my Fitbit buddy then just feel free to email me at rtewellwrites@gmail.com and maybe we can even compete in a challenge!

-R.T.


No comments:

Post a Comment